Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thrifted






This skirt cost me less than a dollar. Thats what Im talking about people.
I love thrift stores. I cannot get enough of them. I could spend hours walking around searching for buried treasures. I usually end up spending too much. Its hard to turn something down when its only a dollar. But dollars add up to lots of dollars. I've realized this while cleaning out my closest recentely. I have a lot of crap. I have clothes from high school (4 or more years ago) that that fits poorly and is out of style but for some reason I can' t part with. I have my "skinny" clothes from when I lost weight 2 years ago but have since gained some of it back, so that section of my closet is currently being ignored. I have a TON of stuff from thrift stores. Some of it is stuff I love. Some of it is stuff that I like, alot, but only wear it once or twice and I hang on to it questioning if I will ever find the right time to wear it again. Or, some of it has not even had its glory day and is patiently waiting there to be worn. The bottom line is I have had a hard time cleaning out my closets and deciding what I should keep and what I should give away....

Do you have any suggestions??
What is your criteria for getting rid of clothes?


What I wore:
Skirt: thrifted
Tank top: Target
Belt: F21

6 comments:

  1. That skirt is gorgeous! I like it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Gorgeous skirt - it's such a great find! I have trouble cleaning out my closet as well. Sometimes I throw something away, and then go looking for it a few months later... Sorry I don't have any tips for you :(

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt was less than a dollar??? amazing!!!!! It looks great. I'm horrible at the closet cleaning out thing like you so my only suggestion is to get a friend to help you. It's so much easier for them to set you straight. For me, it's my Sister who helps me get rid of things we both know I don't wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute skirt & I'm just as bad when it comes to cleaning out my closet. When I do I usually have my sis in the room reminding that I haven't worn whatever in so long and that I should just give it to someone who will.

    erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I can make at leat three outfits out of it, it is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a cute skirt! thrifting is so fun :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts